I got this recipe from Great Easy Meals by Food Network Magazine. This is an awesome book I used a lot to make food for my family when I still lived at home. Most of the meals can be finished relatively quickly and this is one of them. It took me about 35-45 minutes from start to finish.
Grilled Pork with Arugula and Grape Salad
adapted from Great Easy Meals
- 1 medium shallot
- 2 tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 5-oz boneless pork chops (I like to use thin cut)
- 3/4 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese
- Mix together the shallot, vinegar, 1 tsp thyme, 1 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Put the pork chops in a bowl. Add 1 tsp thyme and 3 tbs of the dressing. Use your hands to coat the pork with the marinade and let it sit for 5 minutes. Note: You can also season the pork chops with salt if you like before you marinade, but I don't because I think they are salty enough with just the marinade. I've made this recipe before where I have salted the chops and they come out too salty for my preference.
- Heat the grill pan on medium-high. Grill the pork about 4-5 minutes per side so that it is cooked through. Plate the pork on individual small plates or on a single large plate depending on how you like to serve your meals.
- In a large bowl, toss the grapes, arugula, and gorgonzola together. You can add the dressing to the salad but I like to serve it separate so my family can portion their dressing to their preferences.