Dang, has it been a year already? Seems like that went by really fast. My goal for the year for this blog was to post once a week. I think I did a pretty good job. So hooray for that! Some things I learned blogging:
- Put some personal element in my posts, tell my human story. I noticed that other blogs I really like tell a little bit about the author's life rather than just purely information about products/topics. These personal elements are what make me feel connected to the writer and there's something really nice about finding someone else whose experiences I can relate to.
- Blogging is a lot of work. Even though my goal was set to once a week, I set it low on purpose so my goal would actually be achievable for me. I still poured hours and hours into my blog. Everything from setting it up to creating content. It really does take a long time to create one post! I didn't realize how much work it was but it is super fun and I love it.
- Blogging inspires me to learn and hone my skills. It makes me want to improve my web design, photography, and writing.
- There is no overnight success. Sometimes I look back at more popular blogs' early posts. It's fun to see how other people started out and how much they improved over time. Many of the most popular bloggers I see have been doing it for years and built up a loyal following.
- It is important to engage with people. Blogging is a community! This is something that I tend to struggle with. I'm quite introverted and don't usually leave comments or if I do, I'll go back and delete them later. The whole "the internet is forever" thing kinda scares me in that way.
Anyways, those are the things I've learned in my first year! I'm excited to be starting the second and hope to continue to learn and grow and make this blog better!